Monday, September 14, 2009
HHMI conference
I am in Chevy Chase, MD for a few days at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute conference. Since the professor I work for happens to be one of the elite scientists funded by HHMI, I was lucky enough to attend. This is a truly incredible opportunity since there are only 45 or so professors (the who's who in stem cell biology and cancer biology) and 45 of their invited guests from their labs. So today, we had a poster session and I was able to discuss my work with the leading researchers in my field. It was amazing to get feedback from them, and also to hear them tell me how much I have done for a graduate student and how I should keep them in mind for the next step. Of course! The meeting is held in the gorgeous HHMI conference center- here is the atrium where we had the poster session. Back to LA on wednesday afternoon.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment