Wednesday, September 16, 2009
At the HHMI headquarters
Had some free time to explore the campus at HHMI headquarters. It is definitely beautiful, and so much more green than I am used to out in LA. Last night, we had a special treat- a talk by a former Congressman who was the head of the science funds-granting committee called something like health, human services, etc. He had some interesting things to say and had some great stories- he is a Republican but didn't sound like one. He spoke of how it used to be coming together for the country, and now it is more like parties dictating what people do. And he spoke of the importance for scientists to get more involved in public policy since the people making policy decisions don't have science backgrounds and that the people should hear from researchers of this caliber. Now I am back in LA- until Tuesday when I leave for another meeting. This one in lake tahoe for the prostate cancer foundation (PCF)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment