Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jamie's Family House in Connecticut

Jamie's family owns this large and beautiful house in Connecticut. It sits just on the edge of a lake- which they drain a bit during the winter. Since everyone was away on vacation, we decided to take advantage and spend a few days there. After being in the business and craziness of New York City, it is so nice to sit and stare at nature where the only real sound you hear is the wind. I wanted to give you a glimpse of the house and the backyard, which looks right out onto the lake- the water normally comes right up to the edge marked by the two lions.
















Jamie on the computer- he had to get a little work done while I watched some bowl games on the big screen tv downstairs


View from the balcony out to the lake.



This is the spot where people in his family should get married- on the lawn overlooking the gorgeous lake.



Jamie went about building a fire...

And I decided to bake a pie for dessert



Since I love berries, we decided to fill the pie with cranberries, cherries and blackberries.




The finished product- it was surprisingly the best pie Jamie and I have ever had!

2 comments: